The weather has turned cooler. Long days where we could be a family unit, sharing time together and relaxing, not really having to be anywhere are in the past. Life has resumed it’s routine of rushing to pack the children off to school, my husband rushing out the door in the morning and me managing the lives of five people and running classes.
5 Ways to Beat the Post-Holiday Blues
- Get Involved: Find an activity or area of interest you really enjoy and volunteer, join a class, connect with others.
- Bringing gratitude into your daily life. Begin to list three things you feel grateful for each day and watch how more wonderful things start to come into your life.
- Practice some restorative yoga poses. Child’s pose is great, or follow a restorative yoga session on YouTube. This is a lovely one to try.
- Remember, you are in charge of your feelings. Try and experiment and play with what helps you heal and feel complete again.
- Plan an event, whether it be a walk in the forest, a coffee with a friend or a holiday. It doesn’t have to be expensive, but it does need to be a date in your diary and something you can look forward to.